MySQL Server has several logs that can help you find out what activity is taking place.
- Error log :- Problems encountered starting, running, or stopping mysqld
- General query log :- Established client connections and statements received from clients
- Binary log :- Statements that change data (also used for replication)
- Relay log :- Data changes received from a replication master server
- Slow query log :- Queries that took more than long_query_time seconds to execute
- DDL log (metadata log):- Metadata operations performed by DDL statements