Below are some Advantages and disadvantages of MySQL.
Advantages of using MySQL
- Easy To use.
- Support is readily available whenever necessary.
- It’s Open-Source.
- Incredibly inexpensive.
- It’s an industry standard (and still extremely popular).
Dis-advantages of using MySQL
- It’s got a few stability issues.
- Relatively poor performance scaling.
- Development is not community driven.
- Functionality tends to be heavily dependant on addons.
- Transactions are not handled very efficiently.
- Developers may find some of its limitations very frustrating.